A property used for student accommodation is exempt from council tax.
Before you start
Apply if the:
- Property is a halls of residence for students and is owned or managed by an educational institution or by a body established for charitable purposes only
- Accommodation is mainly for students. It is OK if staff and others live in part of it.
Uploading supporting documents
We may ask you to upload some documents.
- Accepted file types: Word (docx), Acrobat (pdf), Excel (xlsx), Plain text (txt)
- Zip files cannot be uploaded
- We also accept photos taken on phones and tablets and the following image file types - jpeg, gif, png
- There is a maximum individual file size per document of 50MB
What happens next
We may need to visit the property before we give the exemption. We will contact you to make an appointment.
We aim to give you an answer within 10 working days. Please check My transactions for updates.
This form should take approximately six minutes to complete.